Five Ways to Prepare for Your Hearing Evaluation
Whether you’re preparing to take your first hearing test or have had dozens over the years, the time you spend with your hearing care professional is precious, reserved just for you and your individual hearing needs. It’s important to make sure you get as much out of the visit as possible. Preparing adequately for your visit will ensure that you’re getting the most out of your time. A first important step is to think of your appointment as a conversation. Following your test and learning your results, your hearing specialist will map out steps for a successful journey towards better hearing—but your participation is critical. You’ll want to make sure that all your questions and concerns are being fully addressed.
Here are some simple steps to help you maximize your hearing appointment and help your hearing care provider decide which course of treatment is best for you:
1. Bring background information
- Share your symptoms and any other reasons you have for making the appointment
- Be prepared to discuss your general health and current medications
- Discuss any family historyof hearing loss
2. Bring a list of your hearing concerns
- Hearing better while using the phone in everyday situations
- Improving hearing in noisy environments
- Having trouble hearing certain people but not others
- Any other obstacles that reduced hearing creates in your daily life
3. Prepare a list of specific questions
How many times have you left a doctor’s appointment and realized you forgot to ask an important question? Writing your concerns down in advance will help ensure that your concerns are addressed.
- More questions mean more answers—don’t hesitate to ask
- Make a list of questions you may have about symptoms, medical terminology, and hearing instrument technology
- Outline your expectations for improving your hearing
4. Bring a friend or family member to your appointment
- Hearing care professionals recommend bringing someone you can trust for support
- Friends and family know you best and can help your hearing care professional understand your issues and how they play out in real life situations
5. Do some research on your own
- Use your computer search bar to get savvy about new innovations in hearing aid technology, and learn more about the hearing issues that challenge you and those with whom you communicate the most
- Dig a little deeper and explore our user-friendly website—you’ll find that as the hearing industry’s fastest-growing brand, we’re dedicated to both customers and technology, providing guidance on many concerns you may have
- Sonic offers a variety of hearing instruments that suit nearly every level of need. And each of our hearing aids utilizes technology that keeps sound natural and enhances speech understanding in noise with added benefits users love, like wireless connectivity and discreet styling
Choose to Live your Best Life
We hope you’re looking forward to your upcoming hearing test. Your hearing care professional will provide you with a variety of options, but having an idea about the improvements you’d like to see (and hear) will help prepare you for your most successful journey toward better hearing.
Are you ready for incredibly natural listening experiences? Find a hearing center near you, and ask your hearing care professional how Sonic can help you make Everyday Sounds Better.